6 replies to this topic

#1 pdice

pdice

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

Does anyone have an example excel file that automatically breaks our results for each stage and overall on separate sheets?

#2 LChico

LChico

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

Does anyone have an example excel file that automatically breaks our results for each stage and overall on separate sheets?

USPSA? IDPA? Steel Challenge? Multi Gun? None of the above? I need a bit more information.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
Columbia SC
PLEASE DO NOT send PM's about Matches. Use my 'off forum' email for that: LChico@msn.com

Do. . .or Do Not. There is no Try.

#3 wgnoyes

wgnoyes

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

Not sure what you mean by "results for each stage". I have a web application that does this:

Attached File  2009a6awards.jpg   720.95KB   143 downloads

But you have to have a web server (apache or iis) running on your machine.
Bill Noyes
Mark says "...don't tell his Mom he's a DRL; she thinks he's still a piano player in a cathouse." I'm the other DRL in The Firm and I AM a piano player!

#4 pdice

pdice

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

Not sure what you mean by "results for each stage". I have a web application that does this:

Attached File  2009a6awards.jpg   720.95KB   143 downloads

But you have to have a web server (apache or iis) running on your machine.

I thought of doing the same but what I was concerned about was the days that I can't make it. I need to have something that I can hand off to someone to run. I thought excel sheet would be best.

For example:

1) On sheet1 where I'm inputting the scores I have each competitor and all stage entries

name | stage 1 | stage 2 | stage 3 |
joe | 13.2 | 10 | 8 |
sally | 14.0 | 8 | 20 |
mike | 11 | 20 | 15 |

2) On sheet 2, the results for stage 1 would automatically be calculated.

rank | name | time
1 | mike | 11.0
2 | joe | 13.2
3 | sally | 14.0

3) then you have three more sheets that have the results for stage 2, stage 3, and then an overall

#5 pdice

pdice

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

USPSA? IDPA? Steel Challenge? Multi Gun? None of the above? I need a bit more information.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
Columbia SC

Don't care which one. I'm looking more for some excel help in general. I've found some references online to some excel examples, but I haven't been able to get any to work so far with the existing scoresheet I have.

#6 Bubber

Bubber

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Location:Hanna, Oklahoma From my house I can see Waltermitty standing on a car looking this way. ????

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

pdice, I link info from one page to the appropriate section on a second page. For my data page on a steel challenge run I have the 5 runs and totals minus the score's run of all the stages, competitors name and divisions on one page and the next page I have the totals for each stage and with the competitors name and divisions on the following pages. But it is a simple spreadsheet and labor intensive as I have to Sort by Division, center fire or Rimfire and by total times to get results. Is there one with Macros on it for a easier set up, LChico? Thanx rdd
Bubber
D. O. Fish L. Redneck

Carpe Diem: Sieze the Day
Crappie Diem: Lets go Fishing
Crappy Diem: Might as well go fishing
There are things in my life I am not proud of. And the things that I am proud of are pretty disgusting... Moe Szlesak.

#7 Steve J

Steve J

Anchovies and onions.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Linda Chico (L-2035)
Columbia SC

Don't care which one. I'm looking more for some excel help in general. I've found some references online to some excel examples, but I haven't been able to get any to work so far with the existing scoresheet I have.

It makes a lot of difference which one because the complexity of the calculations are dramatically different. '

You can write macros in Excel to do a lot, but I doubt you would be able to score a USPSA match purely in an Excel spread sheet.
Steve J (Anchovies, Marmite and other savory things)

Support Practical Shooting By Using Practical Equipment

A17557 IDPA - Custom Defensive Pistol
A51440 USPSA - 1911 Single Stack

Copperas Cove Pistol Club http://sports.groups...CovePistolClub/

Check out my map: Texas Ranges with Practical Pistol Matches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users