#1001 D.Hayden

D.Hayden

98% Light Mod

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

http://en.m.wikipedi...omatic_Revolver

there is such a thing as a semi automatic revolver...the Webley-Fosbery semi auto revolver.

That is cool.. thanks

Tyro - ditto

An interesting tidbit about an obsure (to me) firearm

Dave - TY49171

passwords.. should not be pronounceable

#1002 NicVerAZ

NicVerAZ

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:22 PM

'"dry firing can damage these weapons" Mother f*#ker...

In the long run, it will wear them out, just not as much as actually shooting the darn thing.

They'd like to keep them clean and new as long as possible, you need to realize that and put yourself in their shoes.

If everybody at the dealership was actually kicking the tires, opening the doors and hood, eventually after a couple months the car would not look as new.

Edited by NicVerAZ, 12 November 2014 - 05:23 PM.

One bang, one clang.

#1003 ramairthree

ramairthree

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

Too many range, gun store, gun show gems to pick a few for now.

But the worst-

The Army used to have an SQT test.  You read the manual, took the test, and it impacted promotions.  (Long since done away with since it was not fair)

The manual kept referring the 1911 as a revolver.  I was so disgusted with what crap writer could have done that I started leafing through magazines with more interesting stuff to look at.  This was during duty hours designated as SQT study time.  I was an E4 at the time.  My Platoon Sergeant caught me doing that and was not happy.  (SFC Mike Hall- later retired as CSM with 32 years of service, then came back on active duty)

There were plenty of other things in the manual that made you go "WTF are they thinking?"

In the early 90s I was a SSG and was at a function demonstrating Mountaineering/Cold Weather stuff.

A guy was very interested in the SUSV.

He was all happy about checking it out.

I asked what had him so excited and he said he was an engineer and had written the manual on it,

but had never seen/been in one.

And I think that is the root of a lot of gun store wisdom.  Guys that have never seen/done stuff with expert opinions on it.

RIP '86

Ranger School '87  (Class 1-88)

#1004 Sarge

Sarge

Fed Up

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,628 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Too many range, gun store, gun show gems to pick a few for now.

But the worst-

The Army used to have an SQT test.  You read the manual, took the test, and it impacted promotions.  (Long since done away with since it was not fair)

The manual kept referring the 1911 as a revolver.  I was so disgusted with what crap writer could have done that I started leafing through magazines with more interesting stuff to look at.  This was during duty hours designated as SQT study time.  I was an E4 at the time.  My Platoon Sergeant caught me doing that and was not happy.  (SFC Mike Hall- later retired as CSM with 32 years of service, then came back on active duty)

There were plenty of other things in the manual that made you go "WTF are they thinking?"

In the early 90s I was a SSG and was at a function demonstrating Mountaineering/Cold Weather stuff.

A guy was very interested in the SUSV.

He was all happy about checking it out.

I asked what had him so excited and he said he was an engineer and had written the manual on it,

but had never seen/been in one.

And I think that is the root of a lot of gun store wisdom.  Guys that have never seen/done stuff with expert opinions on it.

RIP '86

Ranger School '87  (Class 1-88)

No comment.. :mellow:

Kevin Sanders
US Army 1SG (Retired)
NROI Chief Range Officer
USPSA Match Director- Miami Rifle and Pistol club Cincinnati, Ohio

Welcome to the internet version of a  gun free zone!  :mellow:

Nearly 14,000 posts and 5 years later I get told maybe this forum isn't a good fit for me! LMMFAO!!

#1005 wjm1776

wjm1776

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

"Glocks stop working in cold weather because the plastic breaks" -I had to hold my breath after that one.

#1006 jhgtyre

jhgtyre

No, I don't work there. You want the other one.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

Overheard at a local shop last weekend.

Gun Store Clerk:  Sir, I'm afraid you have misspelled a word on the ATF form...

Dude:  What word?

Gun Store Clerk:  Well, see, in YOUR last name the "I" is before the "A"...

I had to walk away.  Fast.

"...I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes." - Jack Burton

#1007 buffalo chip

buffalo chip

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

Gun shop owners adult son ' you want to use copper coated buckshot... copper is sticky compared to lead. This way if you miss the shot will stick to drywall and studs better and not over penwtrate ! '...

#1008 EEH

EEH

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:30 AM

Not the guys behind the counter but another customer and I were talking to sales rep..This customer was telling salesman a me,how glock is now making -- kel tec. Guns...

I dod not know this!
Hahahahahaha

Edited by EEH, 18 February 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#1009 matilda

matilda

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

My favorite is the old AR's are unreliable and AK's can withstand a nuclear bomb.......blah

#1010 Mobetter

Mobetter

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

My wife has her own small collection of guns. A few years ago she went on a BHP kick. We went to a gun show to see if we could find her one.

She's looking over a table full of pistols when the owner asked if he could he help her.

"Do you have a Hi-Power?"

The guy stepped back and grandly swept his hand across a glass case full of Glocks

"Little lady, ALL these are high power!"

My wife looks at me, looks back at the guy, and in some confusion says "But... Those are Glocks. I'm looking for a Hi-Power."

"They ARE high powered, Miss"

"Gotcha... Thanks anyway."

They both walked off shaking their heads.

#1011 Reshoot

Reshoot

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

My favorite is the old AR's are unreliable and AK's can withstand a nuclear bomb.......blah

Actually that statement is true, if your "old AR's" is referring to the Armalite 15 that was issued to our troops, in Vietnam, in the late 60's.

There was no dust cover, no forward assist and tolerances so tight that 8 grains of sand would leave you with nothing but a plastic club. In the jungles of Nam one of those POS weapons was just as likely to cost you your life, as to save your life. At that time, the AK 47 was a far superior weapon.

I was issued a brand spanking new AR 15, at Fort Gordon, Georgia, December 1968. I hated that POS then, and still do to this day!

Dave Bone

U. S. Army Veteran 
National Rifle Association, Life Member

North American Hunting Club, Charter Member & Life Member

USPSA, Annual Member

I think my sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users