5 replies to this topic

#1 Siphon Odesse

Siphon Odesse

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Okay, there's nothing else for it; I've searched the forum and found references to a page at Brazos Gun Works pages regarding the proper shape of a 1911 ejector, in order for it to eject the empties sideways (or at least as low as possible) instead of crashing up and into the scope/scope mount. Sadly, the mentioned page seems to be gone from Brazos' web site, although Bob has written a few words about it in "Ejection Perfection". I can't seem to fix the thing by myself. (I've done it before, but that was probably just beginner's luck.)
The gun's a SV/SVI/Caspian in 38 SuperComp; 7-port Bedell comp w slight forward angle top ports; Aftec extractor (no problems with that); C-More Serendipity sight; 124 grs bullets at about 168-170 PF. Slightly extended length ejector.
Anyone?

Siphon O.
- Let your impatience settle down.
Henning Wallgren

#2 Brazos Custom

Brazos Custom

Calls Shots

• Forum Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

http://www.brazoscus... perfection.htm

See figure 4.

#3 Siphon Odesse

Siphon Odesse

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

http://www.brazoscus... perfection.htm

See figure 4.

Ah.
Didn't read the text properly the first time.
Looks pretty good now; a few of the empties nicks the Serendipity some, but I'll fix that.

Thank you very much.

Siphon.
Henning Wallgren

#4 mike NM

mike NM

Sees Sights

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

Get the Dremel out.... Grind a small part of the TOP right side of the Serindipity off, leaving the 3 screws BUT removing the 1st hole of the three, you will then have the basicly same set up as the left side only mount. I could n't get the gun to be consistant till then. You can easily do this mod ON the gun without removing anything but the slide. Works for me!

#5 Siphon Odesse

Siphon Odesse

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Get the Dremel out.... Grind a small part of the TOP right side of the Serindipity off, leaving the 3 screws BUT removing the 1st hole of the three, you will then have the basicly same set up as the left side only mount. I could n't get the gun to be consistant till then. You can easily do this mod ON the gun without removing anything but the slide. Works for me!

.. oo-kay ..
Interesting; you wouldn't care to take a picture of this?

It works pretty okay for me now, but every now and then an empty hits the sight and touches my trigger finger on its way down. Installed an Aftec which works fine now.
Siphon
Henning Wallgren

#6 n1guess

n1guess

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

I just did the same thing on my Caspian so that brass would kick back into the chamber and jam..I didnt remove that much material off of the scope mount..then i used 1500grit sand paper and some gun oil to polish out the work and you cant even tell that it was done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users