14 replies to this topic

#1 Tex32Cal

Tex32Cal

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

I enjoy giving all you reloading veterans a chuckle, so here's another newby question. Does anyone reload 32 acp? If so, whose dies do you use? Dillion doesn't have dies for 32acp. Perhaps it is impractical to reload that particular caliber.

Michael

#2 Bill Nesbitt

Bill Nesbitt

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

I used to reload .32 ACP around 15 years ago. I have RCBS dies. Don't remember if I loaded on a single stage press or a 550.
When all else fails...execute the fundamentals. ---- Flex.

#3 HSMITH

HSMITH

Scaring old ladies and children....

• Classified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

Reloading 32 is painful, everything is tiny, charges are TINY, it is just a pain.

I think I used Lee dies, but I only loaded a couple hundred before I gave up on it, way too frustrating to me.

#4 Flatland Shooter

Flatland Shooter

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

Not what you are asking, but about 45 years ago my father loaded up a bunch of 32 auto cases (Lee equipment) with just a primer and a single buckshot pellet. It didn't cycle the pistol but was good enough for tin cans and the occasional barn rat.

Ah, the good old days.

Bill

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people.     I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

#5 VeryBadshot

VeryBadshot

Sees Target

• Classified
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

I did it once and made it too almost 300 before I just couldn't take it anymore. Good luck!

Edited by VeryBadshot, 24 August 2007 - 02:54 AM.

Have Gun, Will Travel

#6 ramon

ramon

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

I use RCBS dies on both my 550 and Pacific C type single stage presses. I shoot Walther and Mauser pistols frequently. I cast my bullets using a Lyman mould for my loads.

Ramon

Edited by ramon, 29 August 2007 - 03:21 AM.

#7 sargenv

sargenv

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:24 AM

I used to load these way back when. I use RCBS dies, 71 gr fmj bullets, and like 2.2 gr of 231. With current prices what they are for these guys, it is probably worth it to reload them. The other oddball that I like to sit down and load up now and then is the 32 S&W long for my tiny S&W Model 31-2 that I occasionally like to bring out and fire.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams

#8 open17

open17

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

At one time between my wife and I we had IIRC 4 32 ACP pistols.

So I set up a caliber conversion on the 550 for 32. Lee dies I think. Loaded about
500 of those itty bitty rounds. Told the wife "if you want any more 32 practice ammo,
YOU do it." (she has really small hands). The darned things are so short that I was constantly whacking a finger in the bullet seating station, and just an all around general pain in the butt. Thankfully we never acquired any number of 25's!!!!

Bill
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. the supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.”

Noah Webster

L-3292 CRO

#9 RH45

RH45

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

I used to have a Walther in .32 and did load some for it.
I sold the pistol several years ago, but, I think I still have the Lee dies, and maybe some bullets, if you are interested.

#10 hiropro

hiropro

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

I will start loading 32 on my 650. I have been told that i will hate it. I have a CZ skorpion that I have shot all of the factory stuff I had. the gun is too much fun not to shoot. Plus the price of ammo is stupid insane.
I know that it will suck but pulling the trigger is too much fun.

hiro

#11 ambidextrousone

ambidextrousone

Sees Target

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

This is a very old thread, so I'm not going to go into a lot of helpful hints; but if you're reloading .32 ACP or thinking about it, PM me, and I'll tell you where I have been successful, and also comment on areas that need improvement.

I'm loading on a 650, but much of what I've achieved is applicable to other presses.

Regards to all,

Rich
Gadget Man

#12 Bill Nesbitt

Bill Nesbitt

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

PM sent. :) I'll be using a 550.

Bill
When all else fails...execute the fundamentals. ---- Flex.

#13 GrumpyOne

GrumpyOne

Soha ne feledje, hogy szar, itt jön a Mongo!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

Not what you are asking, but about 45 years ago my father loaded up a bunch of 32 auto cases (Lee equipment) with just a primer and a single buckshot pellet. It didn't cycle the pistol but was good enough for tin cans and the occasional barn rat.

Ah, the good old days.

Bill

That's cool!
June 2010 "Win a Book" winner

Every cloud has a silver lining, but hundreds of people are killed each year by lightening trying to find it.

Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in....

Single Stack Elitist Member #111

I shoot to support the support class shooters!

2" spud gun
Plasma rifle with 40 watt range
Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator. 

For the love of God, learn the use of the words to, too, and two!

#14 G-ManBart

G-ManBart

Maku Bozo

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

I think Venturino has an article on, or makes mention of loading for, .32acp in the current American Handgunner or Guns. R,
TY23298

Bartgolfs@yahoo.com if you want to reach me....I'm only here when absolutely necessary.

#15 TonyT

TonyT

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

I loaded 32 ACP years ago on an RCBS press with Lyman dies. It was a pain in the neck because of the small case size and powder charge. I remeber loading some cases with a small amount of Bullseye (can't rember how much) and a round buckshot of the appropriate size pressed into the case mouth. This load did not cycle the semi auto. It was fun plinking load and very inexpensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users