4 replies to this topic

#1 MT_Bear

MT_Bear

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

During some recent update for my Norton 360, I found that it had created folders and categories for my web site logins (no, it didn't bother to ask if I wanted them).

What really torqued me was that my logins for sites like BE, Brownells, DawsonPrecision and USPSA were moved to a folder called "Weapons"

I posted a note on the Norton Forum explaining the pejorative nature of the "Weapons" category and requesting they rename it, but don't expect much in the way of action. At least the reply told me how to remove the categories and blaming the names and sorting on the developers.

/rant off/

#2 SLM

SLM

GM in knob turning!

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Glad to know Norton is still evil software. Back when I used to do quite a bit of system build / upgrade work and troubleshooting the first question when someone was having issues was, "Do you have anything Norton installed?" I got real good at performing "Nortonectomies".
If none of us did dumb things, we wouldn't need insurance. --mdstihl--
Bored is not fun. Bored bites the big one. --S. Anderson--
In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out. --Portal--

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

#3 lcs

lcs

aka: FullRace

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Glad to know Norton is still evil software. Back when I used to do quite a bit of system build / upgrade work and troubleshooting the first question when someone was having issues was, "Do you have anything Norton installed?" I got real good at performing "Nortonectomies".

The new evil is McAfee.

#4 wgnoyes

wgnoyes

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

The new evil is McAfee.

Literally!

And in my Windows days, which wasn't that long ago, I always found Norton Internet Security to work well, fast, and unobtrusively. 360 on the other hand has additional stuff that wants to get into and second-guess your registry database and system files and that not only caused a whole lot of overhead processing but it also often made the wrong recommendations for system changes. I still have Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on my network at work, and it runs fine.
Bill Noyes
Mark says "...don't tell his Mom he's a DRL; she thinks he's still a piano player in a cathouse." I'm the other DRL in The Firm and I AM a piano player!

#5 Steve RA

Steve RA

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Avast seems to do an excellent job for me. And yes, I've deleted Norton.

NRA Life Member - USPSA A-5037 - Ex CRO - Speed-E-Standards Classifier
Steve Alexander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users