#1 leog

leog

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

hi all shooters,

I'm reading my range report/shooting files that I used sharing with my training buddies, and, noting that respect to past I'm giving more importance to basic shooting skills, I ask your help to defining the ULTIMATE IPSC BASIC FUNDAMENTALS LIST.

For me in random order: Grip/Stance/Movement/Precision (I mean sight picture-trigger control-follow through)/Focus.

Or you consider fundamental Draw,Reloading,and others strictly practical (IPSC) skills?

#2 toothguy

toothguy

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

http://bullseyepistol.com/gregderr.htm

The true fundamentals are sight alignment and trigger control. Everything else is important, but has a supporting role.
The drive to want to win is only an asset when it pushes you to practice better/more and develop your mental game. When you let it make decisions for you in a match it is never your friend. It will sing the siren song of shooting beyond your skill sets with predictable unpleasant results. The skills you bring that day are the only skills you have. No amount of desire will change that. Shoot your own game. Let the results sort themselves out after the match. My bet is that not only will you do better but you will enjoy the sport more. Rick Korzep.

#3 a matt

a matt

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

+1 w/toothguy = called shots.
RAINIER BALLISTICS-shooting team
ORTIZ custom gunsmithing
MissionEssential.com
YouTubeAmatt95
USPSA-TY69538
<><

#4 benos

benos

Psychoholic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,311 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I have some info on that topic in my site's Topic's Section.
Man's greatest power is the capacity to direct attention. If you created it you can change it; otherwise, forget it.

BrianEnos.com Blems In Stock

BrianEnos.com Online Store

Books/CDs | Slide-Glide | Dillon Precision | DVDs | Wilson Combat | BROWNELLS | Donate

I hate people when they're not polite.
David Byrne

#5 daves_not_here

daves_not_here

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

BE, you beat me to it.

"Hold the gun in alignment with the target until the bullet has left the barrel." - sums up fundamentals for me. To me everything else seems like a technique to improve shooting character; consistency, accuracy, speed, awareness, enlightenment etc.

This forum is a great resource!

DNH

#6 leog

leog

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

It'true.Also in IPSC the trigger control and sight picture are the only way to go.
I cut down my basic fundamental list....

#7 SoCalNoMore

SoCalNoMore

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Great info tooth, ty for posting.

#8 m03

m03

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Have an up-to-date link available? That one's returning a 404 in a frame on a very shady-looking site.

#9 diehli

diehli

Geniass

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Have an up-to-date link available? That one's returning a 404 in a frame on a very shady-looking site.

http://webcache.goog...s&client=safari
L2672

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

#10 toothguy

toothguy

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

The site, Encyclopedia of bullseye pistol, is having problems. Hopefully they will have it back up soon.
The drive to want to win is only an asset when it pushes you to practice better/more and develop your mental game. When you let it make decisions for you in a match it is never your friend. It will sing the siren song of shooting beyond your skill sets with predictable unpleasant results. The skills you bring that day are the only skills you have. No amount of desire will change that. Shoot your own game. Let the results sort themselves out after the match. My bet is that not only will you do better but you will enjoy the sport more. Rick Korzep.

#11 Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

Ben Factor

• Forum Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

hi all shooters,

I'm reading my range report/shooting files that I used sharing with my training buddies, and, noting that respect to past I'm giving more importance to basic shooting skills, I ask your help to defining the ULTIMATE IPSC BASIC FUNDAMENTALS LIST.

For me in random order: Grip/Stance/Movement/Precision (I mean sight picture-trigger control-follow through)/Focus.

Or you consider fundamental Draw,Reloading,and others strictly practical (IPSC) skills?

For USPSA or IPSC, drawing and reloading and all that are fundamental. You can't get very far in the sport without knowing how to do those things. Marksmanship fundamentals (being able to fire an accurate shot) is also important, but it is just the start of what you need to be able to do.

Learn to Shoot Better!

Click here

#12 Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

To me the fundamentals start with BALANCE. BALANCE equals the ability to transition from stance to stance and position to position while maintaining control of the gun and proper sight alignment.

Mike

TY66247

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users