10 replies to this topic

#1 hlpressley

hlpressley

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hello guys just wanted to drop in to introduce myself as I am new to the forum and relatively new to shooting competition in general. I have participated in about 5 or 6 local IDPA matches and I am hooked! I shoot a 5" M&P Pro 9mm in the SSP class. I look forward to interacting with you guys and learning much more about the sport!

#2 calvinc78

calvinc78

Sees Target

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Welcome... as A fairly new shooter to the sport I will say this is the best place you get your info from

#3 JFlowers

JFlowers

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

So where in NC are you from?
-------------------------------------
Olc é in aice leis. Faigh do chlaíomh. Maraigh é. Tóg an t-ór.

#4 hlpressley

hlpressley

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

So where in NC are you from?

I actually live down in the Indian Trail/Unionville area. Not too far from you in Charlotte.

#5 JFlowers

JFlowers

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

This Sunday is the USPSA match in Statesville, if you are interested. Typically the IDPA shooters just find they need an extra mag or three.

#6 hlpressley

hlpressley

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

This Sunday is the USPSA match in Statesville, if you are interested. Typically the IDPA shooters just find they need an extra mag or three.

Really? Yes, I would be interested as I have been looking for a match to attend on a Sunday as I have 3 boys that all play basketball on Saturday's so that limits how much shooting I have been able to do as of late.

Fortunately for me I am lucky enough to own a little property out here in Union County and since the "gun bug" has bit me so hard this is where I spend the majority of my time....

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is nothing spectacular but it is mine. I have actually been doing some practice IDPA style matches here with me and a few friends.

Edited by hlpressley, 10 December 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#7 JFlowers

JFlowers

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Cool, sent you a PM

#8 Thrillhammer

Thrillhammer

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hello gentlemen, this is my first reply on this forum and since I live in Wilmington, NC I figured I would start here. My name is Mike and I look forward to gathering some helpful information from everyone since I am new to competiiton shooting.

Edited by Thrillhammer, 12 December 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#9 ncxdm

ncxdm

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Glad you guys have joined. There are lots of people with great info on the forums. It looks like you have a pretty spectacular spot to practice wish I had that much space out where I wouldn't bother anyone. Also to Mike you should check out the anthill range it is about 30 minutes south of you near oak island. They do steel matches and I think an ipsc match a month.

Edited by ncxdm, 12 December 2012 - 08:01 PM.

The ocean of learning has no shore

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward

#10 wmetzler01

wmetzler01

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hello guys just wanted to drop in to introduce myself as I am new to the forum and relatively new to shooting competition in general. I have participated in about 5 or 6 local IDPA matches and I am hooked! I shoot a 5" M&P Pro 9mm in the SSP class. I look forward to interacting with you guys and learning much more about the sport!

Greetings from a fellow NC'er - up here in Burlington and hope to see you at a match some time! Nice shooting set-up, that will help you improve for sure!!

Will

#11 davisjarrett

davisjarrett

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

He must be related to the doctor that shoots all the class III in Wesley Chapel all the time. I love that guy. Welcome to the information overload area!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users