3 replies to this topic

#1 AlamoShooter

AlamoShooter

I gotta a Fever for more Vortex !

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well we had a bit of a party at the range today with a Pies table = big Apple pies and Pecan pies for all.

My wife has helped me host a club match for 20 years now, over the years it included several Sportsman's Team Challenge regional events.

I am handing the lead off to some new blood to keep the club going and give me more time to make big three gun events out of town.

Looking back 20 years I made lots of friends , but its good to think about a break.
Jamie
Vortex Optics - JP Rifles - 3 Gun Team
TY18956 Multi Gun Cert RO

#2 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

All Seeing and All Knowing Eye

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Well done!
Thank you,

Kyle F.
Brian Enos Forum Administrator
Area 5 Director - USPSA
Chief Range Officer
NRA Instructor

*** I'm a shooter! ***

"Do you even [see your sights] lift???" - unknown

#3 Nik Habicht

Nik Habicht

Voice of Reason

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,705 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Wow, Jamie Wow! 20 years? I can't imagine that.......

Congratulations and Thank You and your bride!
Nik

You're shooting Steel like an A class shooter. Why are you shooting the Paper so slowly? ---- Dave Marques, Production Nationals, 2005

This is a game of high-speed precision. If you don't precisely plan what you want to happen, there's not much chance that it will. ---- Brian Enos, 2004

#4 toothguy

toothguy

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

There was an older couple at our club that held a PPC match for 20-30 years. They called the match, made a lunch and taught many, myself included, safe gun handling skills and fundamentals. They just wanted everyone to have a good time. The match grew to over 30 shooters, and for PPC that's a lot. Pattie finally died of lung cancer, and the match wasn't the same. No one realized how hard it was to put on the match, because she made it look so easy. Pattie died very quickly and I never got to thank her, so if it's ok, I will thank you.

Many thanks, Tim.

Edited by toothguy, 26 December 2012 - 10:32 AM.

The drive to want to win is only an asset when it pushes you to practice better/more and develop your mental game. When you let it make decisions for you in a match it is never your friend. It will sing the siren song of shooting beyond your skill sets with predictable unpleasant results. The skills you bring that day are the only skills you have. No amount of desire will change that. Shoot your own game. Let the results sort themselves out after the match. My bet is that not only will you do better but you will enjoy the sport more. Rick Korzep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users