Photo

Well no longer a Geisselle 3G trigger user.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 Jadeslade

Jadeslade

I'm in my prime

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

DYno you just got had.

L-3282

#77 jdknotts1

jdknotts1

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I had this issue at the begining of last year. It was my fault completely. I was using a small pin trigger in a large pin lower. The people at Geissele took care of me in less than two days. They got me the right trigger and it happened a few more times. The more I used it, the more I got used to it and it RARELY ever happens anymore. And if it does, so what? one or two extra rounds on a stage especially from a bump fire isn't gonna cost me much time in the grand scheme of things.
I haven't tried every trigger out there, but I can say I have never shot a trigger as fast as the S3G.

Are you a weapon, and your gun is the tool? Or are you the tool, and your gun is the weapon?

"An amatuer practices until he can get it right. A professional practices until he can't get it wrong"

Youtube Page

http://www.facebook.com/3gunknotts

#78 Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

I had this issue at the begining of last year. It was my fault completely. I was using a small pin trigger in a large pin lower. The people at Geissele took care of me in less than two days. They got me the right trigger and it happened a few more times. The more I used it, the more I got used to it and it RARELY ever happens anymore. And if it does, so what? one or two extra rounds on a stage especially from a bump fire isn't gonna cost me much time in the grand scheme of things.
I haven't tried every trigger out there, but I can say I have never shot a trigger as fast as the S3G.

Usually a double is not big deal. But if it causes you to hit a hostage target with an errant round it could be or if you have an RO that wants to DQ you because of it.
Pat
Serving since 1999 as a LEO. Firearms instructor since 2001. Armorer for Colt AR15 weapons family, 1911 and Glock pistols.
USPSA # A56876 B Class

Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Alaskapopo

#79 Corey

Corey

Bazinga

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

I have had my Geissele 3G double on me a couple times in matches, but can never duplicate it on the practice range. Its ALWAYS on the last target of a position and I am either going to abandon the gun or at least pull it down to run or move. Its a bump fire because the rifle isnt into my shoulder like it ought to be. Whenever it happens, I pull the rifle into me more with my weak hand and what do you know, issue is gone. Just need to train myself to do that all the time as to not send unneeded bullets into the berm when i can use them on the next target instead.
Corey Schwanz -- 1911 Single Stack Elitist Club Member
USPSA: TY67152
My Youtube videos

Ignorance can be fixed...it's called education. Stupid will get you killed!
Life is tough! Life is tougher when your stupid!

Certain things come easier to the talented ones; for the rest of us, hard work is the great equalizer. -Lanny Bassham

#80 cking

cking

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

The Geissele probably just got broken in and trigger pull dropped, Benny is right pulls below 3# that don't have a long pull can easily double with the loose shouldering.

#81 DyNo!

DyNo!

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

The Geissele probably just got broken in and trigger pull dropped, Benny is right pulls below 3# that don't have a long pull can easily double with the loose shouldering.

AND THE PROBLEM IS? :devil:

http://youtu.be/zrpe6MQ2V78?t=21s

You can control it - seek to the beginning of the video. It's my match lower with a 9mm upper, it's possible to make it happen only when you want it to...

Edited by DyNo!, 02 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

My Youtube Page
TY48348

Wimpy guns make you weak. ManTFU. When the buzzer goes off, grip it and rip it. Shoot it like you stole it. -SteveJ

#82 PROBIKE101

PROBIKE101

Looks for Target

• Classified
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

3 on each?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users