Photo

New Bushnell 1x6 or the pending SWFA 1x6?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sasquatch981

sasquatch981

Sees Sights

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

I am in a cunundrum. I need a new optic, and I want something in the 1x6 range. I am poor family man so the swaro is out. What can you tell me about the Bushnell, and the yet to be release SWFA? The SWFA is cheaper by about $300+, andif ordered from the factory, they will let me trade in some unused stuff bringing the total down even furhter to the $700-ish range. I might be able to exchange a NIB bushy scope I have in the safe back to Bushnell for a discount, but that would bring the cost down to about $1,000-1,100. I am basing my opinion on the SWFA 1x4's that people seem to like.

What say the inter-webs? :goof:
Statistics show fat people are harder to kidnap...... I think I am pretty safe.

#2 Bryan 45

Bryan 45

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

The Bushnell sells for about $1100 from a few online retailers and is available now. There have been several shooters comment on the good and the (very limited) bad.

The SWFA scope is "coming soon." There are no reviews that I'm aware of other than maybe a couple pre-production samples.

In my opinion, the Bushnell reticle is better than the SWFA reticle for our game. Bushnell supports our sport and has a great lifetime warranty.

These are the reasons I bought one, even though it hurt dropping that much money on a piece of glass. But I've been very happy with it.

"Put the fuzzy on the fuzzy and let it rip"  Jerry Miculek

#3 45shooter

45shooter

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Bushnell. Great glass and good reticle choices. Plus if you find a local shop that carries them and they hook you up with a good price you should be able to get one close to what the swfa is.
If only I could work two days a week and shoot five days a week, life would be a whole lot more fun.

#4 gng4life

gng4life

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Have you thought about the Leupold line? The VX-6 line is awesome and all of them are less than 1000 dollars. The Multigun VX with the SPR reticle is nice. They are in stock at two places now that I know of. Good luck.

#5 Onagoth

Onagoth

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm happy with my bushnell so far, though I haven't used it in a serious match yet.

My buddy is also happy with his Sightron, we did a side by side and the glass seemed comparable, though the sightron is much cheaper.

For me, reticle is as important as quality of the glass....and the bushnell has two pretty decent options.

#6 AKJD

AKJD

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

The Bushnell sells for about $1100 from a few online retailers and is available now. There have been several shooters comment on the good and the (very limited) bad.

The SWFA scope is "coming soon." There are no reviews that I'm aware of other than maybe a couple pre-production samples.

In my opinion, the Bushnell reticle is better than the SWFA reticle for our game. Bushnell supports our sport and has a great lifetime warranty.

These are the reasons I bought one, even though it hurt dropping that much money on a piece of glass. But I've been very happy with it.

I've been looking at this scope but haven't seen it for less than $1300. Where are you finding it at that price? Thanks.

As far as long range recon patrol goes, your farts are the most unreliable part of your kit.

#7 ClutchUSMC

ClutchUSMC

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

I've got a SWFA coming, got it with a bundle with a 5-20 for my .50. I'll be more than happy to let you know about it as soon as it hits my door (about 2 weeks last I heard). Also it'll most likely be in the classifieds for a few hundred less than the Bushnell will cost you. I have used a few of their SS line of scopes before and they have always been great.

Tyler McCutcheon

"While I'm frequently in error, I'm never in doubt!"

#8 Bryan 45

Bryan 45

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

http://www.grafs.com...productId/24508

Here is the SFP. They also have the FFP for about $100 more.

#9 bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog

D.O.G.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

What has SWFA done for 3 gun/ multigun???????????

Bushnell has donated 10's of thousands of dollars just this year!!! to matches and you guys, the shooters in the form of prizes and match support.

The answer is very simple,..........................BUSHNELL!!!!!!

Trapr
Support Global Warming.............Spray Paint Rifle Targets for each competitor,
GRAY IS A NEUTRAL COLOR WITH NO CONTRASTING OPPOSITE,
A shooter should not have a conversation with an RO on the clock, ALL STEEL SHOULD FALL.

There are reasons and excuses, excuses we make up and tell ourselves and others in an attempt to make us feel better or look better. Reasons are the truth, if we are strong, we learn from them. If we are weak, we make up more excuses.

Scout Swonson, 2-20-98 / 3-18-10...........................simply the best!!!!

RedNeck Tactical fears no DOT!!!

#10 waktasz

waktasz

Burned Out

• Forum Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Get the Bushnell...and buy it from SWFA. They price match plus 10%.

www.youtube.com/waktasz
Standard Deviation Arms Dealer Forum- Training. Gear. Excellence.
www.StandardDeviationArms.com
Team Standard Deviation Arms/Super-Tactical.com

#11 Ken Shoot Fast

Ken Shoot Fast

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

What has SWFA done for 3 gun/ multigun???????????

Bushnell has donated 10's of thousands of dollars just this year!!! to matches and you guys, the shooters in the form of prizes and match support.

The answer is very simple,..........................BUSHNELL!!!!!!

Trapr

Got my Bushnell Elite 1-6.5 (SFP) in yesterday , This is the most expensive scope I have ever purchased. Will sight it in tomorrow. I bought this due to knowing that if you and Kurt recommend it I can not go wrong.
Picked it up from Graf.
What scope levers are you using?

#12 AKJD

AKJD

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/24508

Here is the SFP. They also have the FFP for about $100 more.

Thanks. I'll be getting mine ordered.

As far as long range recon patrol goes, your farts are the most unreliable part of your kit.

#13 wannabe

wannabe

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

The SWFA 1X6 is FFP only. It seems that most have not been happy with the FFP Bushnell because the reticule looks to small. I have the SFP and am happy with it and that seems to be the concensus from what I have been reading. Something to keep in mind.

#14 Bryan 45

Bryan 45

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

Got my Bushnell Elite 1-6.5 (SFP) in yesterday , This is the most expensive scope I have ever purchased. Will sight it in tomorrow. I bought this due to knowing that if you and Kurt recommend it I can not go wrong.
Picked it up from Graf.
What scope levers are you using?

MGM Switchview SVMAPT fits great.

#15 prreed10

prreed10

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

I used my Bushnell SFP for the first time at a match this weekend. No targets were further than 50 yards, so I didn't use much magnification. I really like it. Hardest part was adjusting to the reticle and the point of reference for close targets, especially when obscured with hard cover or a nonthreat. I was real slow & delibrate with those shots. A couple more trips to the range and I should become more accustomed to it.
Ryan Reed
IDPA A25482
USPSA A70740

#16 bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog

D.O.G.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I've been off my feet the last few weeks due to an injury and have only been able to swing my new SFP Bush Tac on stuff around the house and in the backyard, but it is so much easier to pick up on close targets compared to the FFP, I'd have to say it is definitely the way to go for our sport.

Trapr
Support Global Warming.............Spray Paint Rifle Targets for each competitor,
GRAY IS A NEUTRAL COLOR WITH NO CONTRASTING OPPOSITE,
A shooter should not have a conversation with an RO on the clock, ALL STEEL SHOULD FALL.

There are reasons and excuses, excuses we make up and tell ourselves and others in an attempt to make us feel better or look better. Reasons are the truth, if we are strong, we learn from them. If we are weak, we make up more excuses.

Scout Swonson, 2-20-98 / 3-18-10...........................simply the best!!!!

RedNeck Tactical fears no DOT!!!

#17 DiligentPursuit

DiligentPursuit

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Got my Bushnell 1-6.5 SFP a couple days ago. Will get range time this weekend, but just sighting on targets around the house I'm even happier with it than I expected. The glass is great, and its field of view is wider than I though it would be. I like the BTR2 reticle and the illumination is quite bright. I feel like I'm pointing faster than with my old scope, which I didn't expect either.

#18 RippSpeed

RippSpeed

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I like my bushnell but its not very forgiving when it comes to the eye box... Thats my major gripe about it. You really have to be perfectly behind the scope or you'll get nothing but black ...

Other than that ... I have the BTR 1 reticle and its FFP and the reticle is nice and bright even without the ilumination. When your on your on, zero'ed the sight out @ 200yrds and once zero was hitting targets out pass 600yrds with the scope.

Alot of people arent happy with the FFp on the bushnell but I'm quicker with iron sight when up close and out to a 100yrds with irons. So I leave my bushnell on 6.5x for longer shots. But then again this isnt just a 3gun specific rifle. I like plinking long distance with this rifle...

Edited by RippSpeed, 03 August 2012 - 05:39 PM.

USPSA# TY72824 = Grand Master of Inconsistency
Jan to Jun 2014 Videos:
Click here
Jun to Dec 2014 Videos:
Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users