7 replies to this topic

#1 johoevasmatrix

johoevasmatrix

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

I have had a usp 40 for toooooo long for it to be now that I am asking this question besides field stripping and cleaning which I do at least after every two times I go to the range, but I am wondering if I should be worried that i have never got to my firing pin. Not sure I can get to it. if I can please explain how and how to clean the iring pin bore. thank you Brent

#2 Pop N Fresh

Pop N Fresh

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

You can always shoot an aerosol cleaning agent through the firing pin hole on the breech face till it runs out the back clean. I used to use MicroX before it got too expensive.

Been a while but I believe you could also partially drive out the roll pin/metal roll that's closest to the rear sight (better to have a backup roll pin just in case) to remove the firing pin then push the pin back in when you're done.

#3 Gabe Athouse

Gabe Athouse

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

I wouldnt worry about that. You could if its making you crazy. If you're going to have problems, i think it will occur with other parts first. I know you can go at least 15k rounds without dealing with it.

#4 johoevasmatrix

johoevasmatrix

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the responses I also just became a proud owner of a usp45 and have a 45hk on the way and I'm sure they are all the same.

#5 Coleman

Coleman

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Good 1-6 vid on youtube for complete disasembly and reasembly. Its not that hard just have to watch each vid a few times and do it step by step, just take your time.

#6 johoevasmatrix

johoevasmatrix

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yes I know all of this but I have never seen the fire pin inside he slide and that is where my original question started Tks for posting the video though.

#7 j0n

j0n

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

Very easy to knock out the rollpins in the slide. Knock out the one holding the extractor, and clean that out too. I went about 5k rounds before I cleaned mine and saw next to know buildup on the firing pin. The extractor, however, was filthy.

#8 johoevasmatrix

johoevasmatrix

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

Thank you Jon I was quite worried after seeing how filthy my at firing pin was. I will look at the roll pins and see if I can get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users