It's a solid gun, but definetly had some short-comings. The shell catch was rediculously stiff making any type of loading difficult, the lifter tried to rip my thumbnail off on my first attempt to load weak-hand and the trigger was poor at best. So here's what I've done so far to help it get ready for the upcoming 2012 season. Let me know if there is anything crucial I left out.
1. Did a mild relieving and polishing of the load area (Couldn't bring myself to go super crazy on a brand new $1000 shotgun)
2. Tweaked the shell catch so I could load it without cussing.
3. Cleaned up the trigger a little bit and lightened the pull a touch (could have gone a lot further, but didn't want to sacrifice reliability in any way)
4. Lifter is out to Jeff at C-RUMS to get welded as I speak
5. Installed a Nordic +7 tube and mag clamp
6. Stippled the grip and the forearm
7. Put a Hi-Viz triangle FO sight on
8. Modified the bolt for out of battery loading
I still have 2 things on the to-do list and that's the DMW speed bar and some Briley exteded chokes. I'll probably run the stock bolt handle for now to see how it works for me. I'm also not real worried about ghost loading with the 10 round mag capacity, unless someone informs me I should be. I do have a 10/22 sight I could dovetail in the rib, but I haven't shot a slug out of it yet to to see where POI is. Let me know if there is anything vital I left out to make a good 3-gun rig. I still have a few months to work on it before the snow melts here. Thanks
Edited by Shooter115, 15 January 2012 - 04:59 PM.