6 replies to this topic

#1 EricW

EricW

Searches for "Zamboni" in Yellow Pages

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:22 PM

I'm looking for some documentation on the dimensions of the 1911 pistol. Specifically, I'd like to get exact dimensions for what the grips are supposed to be, but I'd like to have the blueprint dimensions for the entire pistol while I'm at it.

Patrick Sweeney's book? Other?

"What match performance gains will I / can I expect" from ... whatever the latest J.C. Whitney crap we think we need to hang on our gun(s)? [The] answer is PRACTICE!!!

PE Kelley

#2 diehli

diehli

Geniass

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:35 PM

http://www.model1911a1.com/grips.htm

There're other drawings you can select from the menu at top. Some have specs, others don't.

Same stuff (for the most part) can be seen here:

http://www.sightm191...1911A1_blue.htm

HTH. :)
L2672

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

#3 EricW

EricW

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:57 PM

Cool Cullen! Thanks!

That will definitely get me started.

=======================================

Is there any other documentation out there with more legible dimensioning on it? I also need the dimensions for the left grip panel as the left and right grips are not mirror images of one another (around the tops).

I'm willing to pay for the documentation to get quality drawings.

E

"What match performance gains will I / can I expect" from ... whatever the latest J.C. Whitney crap we think we need to hang on our gun(s)? [The] answer is PRACTICE!!!

PE Kelley

#4 Carlos

Carlos

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

If you are planning to make a 1911 frame from scratch at home, take a look at www.roderuscustom.tzo.com There are raw forgings & 60% complete frames available from Dlask in Canada (not for the beginner!) as well as 80% complete frames from NOC & unique CNC frames from KT Tool that are machined in halves & then pinned & furnace brazed together (these are also 80% complete). Often the sellers will throw in a set of prints or dimensions with their product. Finally, there is a CNC solid model of a 1911 available free for download through a member on the Roderus site.
No, my last name is not Hathcock. -C.

"When one who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." -anon.

Posted Image
March 2008

#5 EricW

EricW

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:21 AM

I really have no intentions of going into the 1911 construction business. But when you need to make something *fit* onto one, it nice to know what the dimensions are *supposed* to be. That's my only motivation here.

Sorry for the confusion.

PE Kelley

#6 Run n Gun

Run n Gun

'Just a Swingin’

• Classified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:20 AM

Eric,

Try www.model1911a1.com and then look to the top of the page for a drop down window. Each of the choices is a blueprint drawing of a particular part.

Here's another (less useful I think). http://www.m1911.org...s/KPS-Frame.wmf

If all else fails, find someone with a 1911 that you can borrow or I have both volumes of the Kuhnhausen books and I would LEND them to you via USPS. gunbooks.com

Ed
Quit whining and just SHOOT!

#7 EricW

EricW

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

Ed,

You da man! Exactly what I was looking for.

Muchas Gracias!

PE Kelley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users