34 replies to this topic

#26 683beretta

683beretta

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

It is hard to shoot a good sporting clays score with a BT99.
I had to say it.
Barney

#27 benos

benos

Psychoholic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,483 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

For a semi-auto - assuming the gun fits you, and shoots where it points - what would then defiine it as "best"?

My first thoughts, in order... Reliability, soft recoiling, and ease of maintenance.
be
Man's greatest power is the capacity to direct attention. If you created it you can change it; otherwise, forget it.

BrianEnos.com Blems In Stock

BrianEnos.com Online Store

Books/CDs | Slide-Glide | Dillon Precision | DVDs | Wilson Combat | BROWNELLS | Donate

I hate people when they're not polite.
David Byrne

#28 Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer

Hello:Thanks,Eric.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hello: Has anyone tried the Versa Max with a 28" barrel? Just wondering? Thanks, Eric

#29 hitman_usmc

hitman_usmc

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Benelli Super Sport for me.
Former USMC
Current LEO

#30 ANGRYREB

ANGRYREB

Looks for Match

• Classified
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Check out the Browning Maxus. Third time out with out it, I picked up 3 birds and have been maintaining a even average.

#31 dakman

dakman

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I shoot alot of shotgun sports and have most of the guns mentioned above. I agree with Brian in the post above but think there should be three things in front of his suggestions and those are fit,fit,and fit. Your eye is the rear sight with a shotgun and when shooting at fast moving targets you don't have the time to be aiming at the target your, gun needs to shoot where you are looking. That being said, in an auto I like the new Berreta Excel A400 the best. Light but well balanced, very light recoil, and very dependable. I have Benellis (kick to much), Remingtons (not as reliable), and Brownings (also not as reliable).It's not like three gun where you are aiming at things. IMHO

#32 Jaxshooter

Jaxshooter

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

If is dosen't fit it does not matter what brand it is you won't hit targets with it. I shoot a Custom Grade Kolar O/U for Sporting Clays and Trap Doubles and a Seitz for 16 yard and Handicap Trap. My back up guns for both games are 4 Beretta 303s. The 303 is one of the best auto loaders built in my opinion. The actions are extremely smooth and reliable. If you can find a nice one buy it. I shoot them when it rains and on Sunday afternoons of 400 target events when I am feeling tired. One thing all of the guns have in common is that they have all been custom fit to me.
Rudy Project Shooting Squad
USPSA CRO w/3Gun Endorsement
ICORE RO
IDPA Safety Officer

#33 nontactical

nontactical

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Over the time that I have been shooting sporting clays seriously (15 years or so), I have seen a migration away from "B" gun o/u's and toward Beretta 391s (and now to some extent A400s). Now what I see is most of (but not all of) the pros shooting Kriegoffs and Perazzis (as they always have) and more and more other hotshots shooting Berettas. There are some pretty good reasons for this, with recoil mitigation and the longer sighting plane topping the list.

#34 Exebshootr

Exebshootr

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I shoot alot of exhibition skeet, i use the Beretta A400 xtreme! Absolutelly love it! Extremelly soft shooting gun

#35 56hawk

56hawk

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I got my Beretta A400 recently. Had to send it back because it had the wrong stock on it. However I did shoot a few rounds of trap with it and it was pretty awesome. Just shot high for me because of the stock.

Attached Files

USPSA Open Master

USPSA Revolver Master
L2523

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users