outerlimits

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

April? WTF? Texas MG about then?
"We're Marines, We took Iwo Jima. Baghdad ain't shit." - Gen. Kelly, USMC

"We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on? " - Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff; during the assault on Grenada, 1983

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

"Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking." - J.C. Watts

#3 MarkCO

MarkCO

Back From the Dead

• Forum Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Really?

CarbonArms.us

Entropy Engineering Corp

L3435

”The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”  Samuel Adams

#4 JorDanO

JorDanO

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Glad it's back in October. The weather in Las Vegas is perfect then.
Jordan Ohlmann
USPSA #A61662
IDPA #28616
My Shooting Videos

#5 AggieMM

AggieMM

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

April? WTF? Texas MG about then?

The LaRue Tactical Texas Multigun Championship was moved to April 20-22, so you should be ok the the above dates.

Ryan

#6 Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer

Hello:Thanks,Eric.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,346 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Hello: Glad to see it is a little later this year again. I wonder what the breakdown will be next year? Open and Revolver and Limited 10 together. With Production and Limited together? I will try to go again next year. Thanks, Eric

#7 TRNinTX

TRNinTX

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

The biggest issue is the last dates posted for Steel Challenge are Oct 25-28 on the other side of the country, Frostproof, FL.

Not sure how both shooters and staff are going to be able to make that transition and get the time off.

#8 Paul Santiago

Paul Santiago

aka: pas44

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

Plenty of notice to plan!!!!
Semper Fi

TY58577

NRA Life Member

"Draw the gun. Hit the popper exactly in the middle." - Saul Kirsch

#9 furyalecto

furyalecto

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Have to say this is very good for the guys who have to plan the year's vacation days in December.

Illinois Section Coordinator (IL South of I-80) Dirk R. Contact me for 2014 Illinois Sectional Squad information & changes.
STS   St Louis  2014 Illinois Sectional

#10 Schutzenmeister

Schutzenmeister

MC Hammer

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

While I am very happy to see USPSA FINALLY announcing the Nationals dates in reasonable time this year, has anyone noticed the conflict with the Pan American Chapmionship? (Do enough people care for this to even be an issue?)

Pan Am HG Championship (in Paraquay) 6-13 October

USPSA Nationals (in Las Vegas) 13-21 October

Just curious ...

#11 bbbean

bbbean

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

While I am very happy to see USPSA FINALLY announcing the Nationals dates in reasonable time this year, has anyone noticed the conflict with the Pan American Chapmionship? (Do enough people care for this to even be an issue?)

Just curious ...

If you're competing at a level that makes both of these must-go events, is it a problem to shoot two majors back to back?

BB

--

Missouri Bootheel Pistol Club - MBPC on Facebook

Sketchup 3D Stage Warehouse - TY55139

1911 Single Stack Elitist/Snob Club/Non-Voting Member #70

Formerly Fastest of the Slow Shooters, Currently Slowest of the Fast Shooters

#12 Schutzenmeister

Schutzenmeister

MC Hammer

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

If you're competing at a level that makes both of these must-go events, is it a problem to shoot two majors back to back?

BB

Back-to-back ... No, not really. But overlapping, YES. Not only is there the overlap of 1 day by schedule, but you must consider the transit time from venue to venue. At best, that is an additional day. By the time one could travel from Paraquay to Vegas the first half of our Nationals would be 1/2 over. An optimal separation would be about a 1 week difference. This allows for transit times and the various logistics involved.

I doubt there are a large number of shooters who would be affected by this even if there were a 1 week gap, but the trend of late has been for our Nationals to be scheduled very close to major international events.

For me, it may be moot this year. It's beginning to look like I will not be able to afford a major trip overseas, scheduling notwithstanding. Nevertheless ... and I'm simply wondering this outloud ... Is anyone on either side of the equation even LOOKING at such things?

#13 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

aka: Lawman

• USPSA BOD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Just curious ...

I'm not sure if that one factored in or not. I know Mike does try his best to schedule around most other events. Last year we had the pressure to squeeze it in before the WS. I know the original plan was to put it a week earlier but there was a conflict that required the change to the weekend it fell on. The IDPA "World Shoot" was announced at almost the same time we announced Nats. I'm sure it wasn't considered because no one knew about it. USPSA has a number of Nationals and other events it puts on. Lim/Prod Nats, O/L10 Nats (and no I don't know if that is the breakdown, and yes I realized I didn't put Revo it. Just couldnt' remember which one it went with this year. It's not a plot.) Single Stack Nats, MG Nats, and Steel Challenge. On top of that there are 8 Area matches, and a host of other discipline matches, Bianchi, Rocky Mountain, Blue Ridge etc. While we don't necessarily have to schedule around them it's in everyone's interest to do so. There are 35-40 (at least) weekends a year with a level II or higher, or major match for another discipline. Can't speak for Mike since I haven't talked to him about it this year. I know it's always a push trying to get the best weekend for our premier event. Having it in Vegas is great for a variety of reasons, but it also offers a limited window of time when it's fun to be outside. I've been there in January and been hit with a freaking monsoon, and July when it's 115. Neither time do I really want to hang out on the range. And I sure don't want to try and get staff to spend 9 days hanging out on the range in either condition. October is an awsome month in general down there. I'm looking forward to the match.

#14 mlmiller1

mlmiller1

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I was really wanting to try to make the MG nat'ls this year but having it the week before the Larue match is gonna make that impossible, again, for me to go. I am really, really happy that the schedule is out already, though. I was going to have to "guess" when the MG might be & hope to get those dates for vacation at work, then to find out I was several months off in my guess would have been frustrating.

To whoever it is that has managed to get the schedule released before the end of the year, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

MLM
TEAM FIREBIRD

coming soon to a range near you!

#15 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

aka: Lawman

• USPSA BOD
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

The biggest issue is the last dates posted for Steel Challenge are Oct 25-28 on the other side of the country, Frostproof, FL.

Not sure how both shooters and staff are going to be able to make that transition and get the time off.

No worries. The Steel Challenge dates have been released, Nov 1-4, 2012, Frostproof, FL.

#16 Coach

Coach

aka: RoyceLowellPatton. At this point we don't know.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Glad to see the dates out so far in advance. Falls right on a break from school so it is perfect. Plenty of time to save the money and plan the trip.
A51967
Magnificent Bastard #2

#17 CAB33

CAB33

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

10/13/12

2012 USPSA Limited/Production/Revolver Nationals

Desert Sportsman, Las Vegas NV.

10/17/12

2012 USPSA Open/Limited 10 Nationals

Desert Sportsman, Las Vegas NV.

#18 SNSCaster2

SNSCaster2

Sees Sights

• Forum Dealer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

What is the format for the Limited nationals? Does everybody shoot it in 1 day, or is it 1/2 days.......? Thanks!
Ryan Stinar A63666 http://www.youtube.com/user/stinar28 Team SNS Cast Bullets
BE Forum Dealer page for COATED Bullets AND Brass: http://www.brianenos...p?showforum=246

#19 mikegot38

mikegot38

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

What is the format for the Limited nationals? Does everybody shoot it in 1 day, or is it 1/2 days.......? Thanks!

Nationals is all 1/2 day formats. Usually 3 or 4 of them. Nobody can shoot all those stages in 100 degree heat in one day or even two days.
Mike Gottlieb
Rudy Project USA Competition Squad

#20 Blockhead

Blockhead

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

With MG in April and Handgun in October the weather should be fairly comfortable. We usually don't see the 100's 'til late May and typically are done with 'em by mid-September.

That said, it is the desert and God has a habit of surprising us...
Charlie Brown
TY-50797

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly"
Thomas Paine - December, 1776

Love God, Live free!

#21 fseffect

fseffect

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm so excited! It will be my first! :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#22 Chris Keen

Chris Keen

Sees Sights

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Okay, I got the call from USPSA HQ that I had earned a slot to this years Nats, and that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but I have yet to actually SEE this imaginary, invisible, said slot! LOL

Has everyone else received your slots yet? Or is my mailman reading that too, like he does to all my Front Sight mags & Dillon Blue Presses? :lol: :rolleyes: :roflol:

Edited by Chris Keen, 01 February 2012 - 08:55 PM.

Chris Keen
Phoenix Trinity Shooting Team

Rainier Ballistics Shooting Team
USPSA # A-46956
>>>My You Tube Videos<<<

#23 ima45dv8

ima45dv8

Jurassic Mark

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Okay, I got the call from USPSA HQ that I had earned a slot to this years Nats, and that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but I have yet to actually SEE this imaginary, invisible, said slot! LOL

Has everyone else received your slots yet? Or is my mailman reading that too, like he does to all my Front Sight mags & Dillon Blue Presses? :lol: :rolleyes: :roflol:

If I told you what your mailman is doing, you'd never again touch your water bill.
Speed IS a tactic (and a pretty damn good one, too! )
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.-- Henry Ford

Shhhh.... Please don't tell my Mom I'm a DRL. She thinks I'm still a piano player in a cathouse.

#24 Chris Keen

Chris Keen

Sees Sights

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Well Mark, therein lies the rub: I dont want to know what he's doing .... I just want my slot paperwork! ;)

Chris Keen
Phoenix Trinity Shooting Team

Rainier Ballistics Shooting Team
USPSA # A-46956
>>>My You Tube Videos<<<

#25 CAB33

CAB33

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

"She" told me that they would be mailing them the 1st part of February.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users