51 replies to this topic

#51 yellowfin

yellowfin

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

I'm years away from having the problem of having my goals completely met--I know for me I'll never be as good as I want to be in everything.  Boredom is impossible for me, I want too much.  I guess that's my real problem, the opposite of most people here: I'm in year 1 (of a full year doing competitions) instead of year 5 or 10 or 15 or 20+, still mucking my way through just trying not to be last each time and figuring out what to improve (too often that being summarized as everything) and then later trying to scrape up the time and means to do so.  Being at the bottom trying to catch up to what everyone else already has figured out already is frustrating, embarrassing, and depressing at times.  It utterly sucks seeing yourself as late to the party when others were in on this decades ago.   I'm doing the things that will build into experience and pay off over time but while you say the journey is the real object sometimes it's better to have been through than to be in it at the time, and when someone gives you the "It'll work out for the best" or "Good things come to those who wait" nonsense, it evokes a less than civil response shall we say.

Edited by yellowfin, 02 November 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#52 Brooke

Brooke

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

I don't think I have to worry about depression.

And War Eagle! to you there yellowfin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users