10 replies to this topic

#1 RAZZ

RAZZ

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Does anyone here have any experience shooting moly bullets through an HK? I would assume the same potential problems that GLOCK shooters face would exist with an HK ('problems' may not be the right word--precautions perhaps).
When I grow up, I want to be like Nemo.

#2 derfzilla

derfzilla

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

I know a lot of shooters with glocks who use them for IDPA with no problems not sure for HKs.

#3 RippSpeed

RippSpeed

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

Unlike other pistols ... HK uses a polygonal barrel which last longer and is alittle bit more accurate. It doesnt like anything thats not plated or jacketed... I've shot moly coated bullets thru my USP and my P30LS it was fine but just be ready to really really clean the barrel after the match...

USPSA# TY72824 = Grand Master of Inconsistency
July to Dec 2013 Videos:
Click here
Jan to Jun 2014 Videos:
Click Here

#4 racine

racine

Looks for Target

• Classified
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

You can use them but you'll loose a little velocity to the plated/jacketed bullets. Moly Magic gets them clean when you're done with Hoppes #9.

#5 cjennings

cjennings

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

I have shot 10,000x?? of precision bullets through my USP series in 40. I have gone at times several thousand rounds between a cleaning while doing some courses.

I bulk purchased way to much titegroup and load with that, its really too hot and if I start cranking up the charge you can end up burning up the round coating which then really gets things dirty quick. Hard to beat the price of the rounds for bulk reloading. My 650 and KISS bullet feader seem to do really well with them.

Racine... I will have to look into that Moly Magic. I only clean with an ultrasonic and spend very little time cleaning I must admit and I should maybe spend a little bit more time with barrel (the rest of the gun is spotless).

#6 Canman

Canman

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

They run great in my HK45. I just run a mag full of FMJ's through it before I finish. Very accurate especially the 201gn SWC.

#7 GlockCanMan

GlockCanMan

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

I have shot 10,000x?? of precision bullets through my USP series in 40. I have gone at times several thousand rounds between a cleaning while doing some courses.

I bulk purchased way to much titegroup and load with that, its really too hot and if I start cranking up the charge you can end up burning up the round coating which then really gets things dirty quick. Hard to beat the price of the rounds for bulk reloading. My 650 and KISS bullet feader seem to do really well with them.

Racine... I will have to look into that Moly Magic. I only clean with an ultrasonic and spend very little time cleaning I must admit and I should maybe spend a little bit more time with barrel (the rest of the gun is spotless).

How do you like your ultrasonic cleaner? what type of liquid cleaner do you use.

#8 Blazer-6

Blazer-6

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

no problem here in my experience. the hk polygonal bbls doesn't have the trenches like those in a glock, which is perhaps what creates the pressure probs with lead rounds.

#9 CocoBolo

CocoBolo

Just having fun.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

no problem here in my experience. the hk polygonal bbls doesn't have the trenches like those in a glock, which is perhaps what creates the pressure probs with lead rounds.

Try some Bayou Bullets, the don't caca up a regular barrel and they should do better than PM or BBI in not fowling up the barrel.

Ron

B Open, B Limited 10, C Class Limited/Prod/SS + RO  A62392

I started with nothing, I still have most of it.

#10 Darrell

Darrell

Sees Sights

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

I run Bayou Bullets 135 in my P30 and the barrel is clean as a whistle. I use 3.9gr of AA2 @ 1.130. Accurate and makes power factor of 135.
HK P30 9mm, HK45, STI Trojan CRP .45, EAA Limited 9, DW PM-9. S&W M&P9C, PC 1911 .45, Colt Gold Cup .22, S&W .380 Bodyguard
CZ Shadow, Walther PPQ 9mm, 3" 686+, 686 SSR, 2" 442-2, 5" 625-6, Taurus 85 2",2 Ruger 22/45's, Anschutz 64SBR, RR Elite AR, Smith AR15-22, Ruger 10/22, Savage .22, Marlin 2000, Rem 700 SPS AAC SD .308

#11 Less

Less

Looks for Target

• Classified
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Try some Bayou Bullets, the don't caca up a regular barrel and they should do better than PM or BBI in not fowling up the barrel.

+1

My Teammate shoots an HK P30 with 147gr 9mm Bayous. Great product, great accuracy!

No residue...

Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin Events: WIILSHOOT.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users