9 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorBob

DoctorBob

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

Has anyone seen this problem before? I love my BG 380. Easy to carry, nice sights, accurate, tolerable recoil, comfortable, etc. But it has broken my heart. There is a small cylindrical pin just above and forward of the trigger. The pin seems to have migrated from left to right and is now sticking out. See the photo. It gets in the way of my index finger when in the "ready" position. I don't know what the pind does - I'm resisting the urge to whack it with a hammer in fear that it will only happen again or that I will make it worse. It's going back to the mothership for repair but I wondered if anyone has seen this before??

Posted Image

#2 NickO

NickO

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

I haven't had that problem.. but yes you can tap it back in and maybe a dab of loctite.

I have had plenty of other issues with my BG380..nostly failures to reset trigger. Has been ok since I got it back from S&W.

#3 DoctorBob

DoctorBob

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

I haven't had that problem.. but yes you can tap it back in and maybe a dab of loctite.

I have had plenty of other issues with my BG380..nostly failures to reset trigger. Has been ok since I got it back from S&W.

It's in their hands now for just over a week. Probably slowed up by the holiday but I hope I'll get it back before Christmas. I really miss the little feller...

#4 NickO

NickO

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

mine had about a 7 business day turnaround when I had to send it in.

I've put about 400 trouble free rounds through it now and really enjoy it.

#5 StealthyBlagga

StealthyBlagga

Special Little Snowflake

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

... but yes you can tap it back in and maybe a dab of loctite...

NEVER put Loctite on plastic - it will embrittle the plastic part.

#6 TLD

TLD

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:27 AM

It's in their hands now for just over a week. Probably slowed up by the holiday but I hope I'll get it back before Christmas. I really miss the little feller...

I got a 642 one year in december. The trigger wouldn't pull sometimes. I sent it to S&W on a Friday, Christmas was then next week, Wednesday or Thursday. I got the gun back on Tuesday. I got the letter saying it would be a week on Friday that same week.

Hopefully it's fast for you.

#7 mrwhite1

mrwhite1

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

I'd say just a loose rollpin, no biggie...
Nice little gun... I wish someone was making a trigger kit for them..... its looooong and heavy!

Edited by mrwhite1, 21 December 2010 - 12:00 PM.

#8 DoctorBob

DoctorBob

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

I'd say just a loose rollpin, no biggie...
Nice little gun... I wish someone was making a trigger kit for them..... its looooong and heavy!

+1 on the trigger pull. I guess it is safe but it's so long that you start presetting the trigger during target practice and that is a bad habit. I got mine back within just under 2 weeks and it is working fine now. I sighted in the laser using a stand and it is very accurate at 10 yards. They have apparently made a replacement button for the laser and will send you the new buttons if you call customer service. I'll put them in when they arrive and post with a picture.
Happy Ho, Ho, Ho!

#9 Wilsoncreek

Wilsoncreek

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Just bought one of these and frankly the trigger pull almost turned me off it. Luv the feel and heft of the little pistol but when I first shot it that trigger almost caused cramps in my hand. I know this is a low-round-count, defensive, get-off-me gun but still...The women in my family have trouble operating it. Hopefully shooting it will make it better.

Dave

#10 Blackfin2

Blackfin2

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

I have one as well, it is truly an awesome shooter for such a small barrel. Believe it or not mine shoots 2" group at 20 yds. I love it. The pin in question holds the front part of trigger assy in. Tap it back in, then take a soldering iron and melt four small tabs over the pin (pin hole opening). They only need to be about 1/16 of an inch out from the hole. start the sharpened soldering iron point about a 1/16th form the hole push it towards the hole, this will make a small but every effective locking tab protrude over the hole in four places. Works like a champ, over 1000 rounds later ( hot reloads and factory rounds) the pin has never moved since. It also never needs to come out, even during cleaning so it will last. if you have to remove it just do it again. NOTE< YOU DO NOT HAVE GO BURN IT DEEP, DO IT AS THOUGH YOU WERE RETEXTURING THE GRIP. PRACTICE ON THE BOX LID IT COMES IN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users