6 replies to this topic

#1 imhntn

imhntn

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

I just got a 625 5" and got some 230 gr round nose bullets this week. Anyone got a good load with Solo?
A62038
Having a ball in production class.

#2 Bubber

Bubber

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Location:Hanna, Oklahoma From my house I can see Waltermitty standing on a car looking this way. ????

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

imhntn, 230 jacket or lead? On my 5 inch 625 I used 4.4 of Solo behind a lead 230 and got 625 fps. You can figure 100 fps less on the jacketed. It would be a starting point. Solo did not seem to spike much but as always start slowly and watch for signs. later rdd
Bubber
D. O. Fish L. Redneck

Carpe Diem: Sieze the Day
Crappie Diem: Lets go Fishing
Crappy Diem: Might as well go fishing
There are things in my life I am not proud of. And the things that I am proud of are pretty disgusting... Moe Szlesak.

#3 imhntn

imhntn

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

I am shooting lead. Do I have to make major with that pistol?
A62038
Having a ball in production class.

#4 Bubber

Bubber

Burned Out

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Location:Hanna, Oklahoma From my house I can see Waltermitty standing on a car looking this way. ????

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

I am shooting lead. Do I have to make major with that pistol?

Only if you want to. :sight: Reload to get good accuracy and then go from there. later rdd
Bubber
D. O. Fish L. Redneck

Carpe Diem: Sieze the Day
Crappie Diem: Lets go Fishing
Crappy Diem: Might as well go fishing
There are things in my life I am not proud of. And the things that I am proud of are pretty disgusting... Moe Szlesak.

#5 inkedshooter

inkedshooter

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

I run pretty much the same load in my 625. 4.4-4.6gn Solo 1000, 230gn lead round nose, Federal primers.
ICORE Member: CA2024
USPSA Member: A-62520

#6 AzShooter

AzShooter

angry dead man

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

When I shot my 625 with Solo I shot the most accurate load I could come up with. 3.5 grains makes minor and shoots like a dream. Yes, you can watch the bullets going to the target but it makes no difference. Even at that speed they are fast enough that the timer won't know the difference.
"Life's battles do not always go to the stronest or fastest man, but soon or late the man that wins is the one that thinks he can." Unknown Author

"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."

~ John Quincy Adams

Steven Bressan

#7 glockwerkes

glockwerkes

Sees Target

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

Mixed brass, Fed LP, S&S 230 gr RNL (actually weighs out to 232 gr) with 4.33ish of Solo is giving me 179-180 PF. That was my most recent match chrono, at the VA/MD Sectional in May. I'm probably going to dial it back a little for practice and local matches.

Not sure why Bubber's were going so slow. My 16 lbs of Solo is about 2 yrs old, so maybe my batch is little faster than the current stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users