#1 ekratman

ekratman

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hi,

I have been using a Dawson Adjustable rear on my G34 and am looking to move to the Warren Tactical or the Sevigny Competition or Carry rear. My thumb catches on the Dawson while obtaining my grip every once in a while. There are sharp edges and it is big...

Does any one know much about the Warren sights?

I am not finding much of any information on the Warren Tactical sight online. Is it less tall than their Sevigny line? It looks less tall in pictures, but the angles are always different...

Also, is the Sevigny Competition rear sight body wider than both the Warren Tactical and the Sevigny Carry? Any thoughts on the width?

I want to use a fiber front sight and was wondering what height to get so the center of the dot is on impact. On CPWSA.com Chris says that all three use a .245 front sight to get a point of aim impact, but it really looks like the Warren Tactical is less tall than the Sevigny line. Since its non-adjustable, I guess this is something I should work out before buying.

Anyone use these on a G34 with a fiber front?

Thanks!

Eric
Eric
A66209

#2 Greg Bell

Greg Bell

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Also, is the Sevigny Competition rear sight body wider than both the Warren Tactical and the Sevigny Carry? Any thoughts on the width?

Sevigny Competition rear sight .715 wide by .265 tall or something pretty close as measured on my G34

#3 Calmwater

Calmwater

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

There is a thread on here with a side by side comparison. I will look for it and edit it in if I can find it. I use the Warren Tactical Sight rear and the shorter standard front in a plain black. I am finally shooting decent enough groups to know the difference and with 115 grain factory WWB, I am grouping a few inches high. I am going to buy the taller front soon. I have considered fiber optics and if I go that way I am torn between the taller sevigny fiber optic and a Dawson Precision .245 tall and .125 wide. The Dawson is.01 wider which I actually like, but the fiber is seated higher on the post on the Sevigny.
a61461 So you all can see I don't know what I'm talking about........

#4 Greg Bell

Greg Bell

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Greg Bell, 18 February 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#5 Sarge

Sarge

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

I just put this setup on my new G34 and it seems to be pretty close to dead on for me.

http://shootersconne...ront-P1094.aspx

Kevin Sanders
US Army 1SG (Retired)
NROI Chief Range Officer

USPSA Match Director- Miami Rifle and Pistol club Cincinnati, Ohio
"Support" class shooter and proud of it!

My youtube channel:    https://www.youtube.com/user/USPSA59

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LEARN THE PROPER USE OF ADVISE AND ADVICE!!!!

#6 ekratman

ekratman

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Greg, thanks for posting those pictures. Its great to have a side by side comparison. That front sight looks like it has a larger fiber optic dot than my dawson (which is .04")... I've heard of people using Dawson fronts with their Warren rears, but that front looks pretty nice...

Eric
Eric
A66209

#7 Sarge

Sarge

Back From the Dead

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Sevigneys are .040 as well.

Kevin Sanders
US Army 1SG (Retired)
NROI Chief Range Officer

USPSA Match Director- Miami Rifle and Pistol club Cincinnati, Ohio
"Support" class shooter and proud of it!

My youtube channel:    https://www.youtube.com/user/USPSA59

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LEARN THE PROPER USE OF ADVISE AND ADVICE!!!!

#8 Heckler

Heckler

Sees Sights

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:37 AM

I just put this setup on my new G34 and it seems to be pretty close to dead on for me.

+1
I just changed from Dawson over to this setup as well on my G35. Have not shot enough with them yet to form a solid opinion, but so far I like them.
Nothing is more uncommon, than common sense.

#9 AWLAZS

AWLAZS

Beyond it All

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

Eric, I have the Sevigny sights on my duty gun. I will bring it on sunday so you can look at it.

#10 ck1

ck1

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

Ameriglo makes a bunch of different sights for Glocks too, probably more options than anyone else, I'm running a combination than adds up to the same ratios as the Warren/Sevigny's in front width - rear notch width - perceived light bars... mine are at a lower .165 height that works better for me than the Dawson's/WTS's at their higher .215 height. Just something to check out if you want...
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

#11 ekratman

ekratman

Looks for Range

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

Eric, I have the Sevigny sights on my duty gun. I will bring it on sunday so you can look at it.

Hey Randy thanks for bringing it. I'll make sure William and I are in your shooting group so I can take a look at it.

Eric
Eric
A66209

#12 tkill12

tkill12

Looks for Match

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would it be safe to assume this would also work on a Glock 17?

#13 Triggerbender

Triggerbender

Looks for Target

• Classified
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would it be safe to assume this would also work on a Glock 17?

Should be good to go most all Glocks use the same sights.
The G36 seems to be the exception, it always seem to be listed separate.

#14 gohuskers

gohuskers

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

Here's a great thread showing the sight picture with several different combinations:

http://www.glocktalk...ad.php?t=774767

Edited by gohuskers, 23 February 2010 - 02:56 PM.

January 2011 Book Winner

#15 JBP55

JBP55

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

The 9mm/.357/.40 use the same sights, the .45/10mm use a taller rear sight.

#16 RAZZ

RAZZ

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

I put the Warren set on one G34 and the Sevigny set on another, and really like them. I had to get the taller .245 front sight to get them to shoot to POA.
When I grow up, I want to be like Nemo.

#17 Mike L.

Mike L.

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Yes, I have the Sevigny Comp sights on a G17 and a G34. They are great sights. I like them better than the Dawson set I had previously.

#18 Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer

Hello:Thanks,Eric.

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hello: I like the Warren rear sight and the Dawson fiber front sight. This setup works great in Glock 17's and 34's. The Dawson front is 0.105 wide and 0.225 tall. Dawson #019-002. These are available from Shooters Connection. Thanks, Eric

#19 dsmw5142

dsmw5142

Sees Sights Lift

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

I have Sevigny competition sights on my 34's and 35 and they were a few inches high. I tried the Warren .245 front that Chris Patty Sells and they were hitting an inch or two low. Bought and installed Heinie .235 front's all around and I'm happy now. One G34 is perfect with my 124gr load and one with my 147gr load :blink: The G35 is dead on with my 180gr BBI Major load. Anyway, hitting high is better than hitting low. Makes it easier to hold low and still hit plates at a distance.

I just purchased a set of Ameriglo Pro Operator night sights for my G19. I love the sight picture which is nearly identical to the Sevigny sight picture. I haven't shot it yet to check POA/POI yet though. Oddly enough, the standard Heinie all black "Qwik" rear with .215 black front was a bit high on my G17 but is dead on with my other G19. Experiment and see what works for you. I personally like to hit whatever is right on top of my front post.
Mark Walsh
Rudy Project USA
Competition Squad

#20 Duane Thomas

Duane Thomas

Story Teller

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

I put the Warren set on one G34 and the Sevigny set on another, and really like them. I had to get the taller .245 front sight to get them to shoot to POA.

Same here.
Pride and fear are emotions, which hope for an outcome. Outcomes take your attention from the present, where the shooting happens, to the future. It is totally impossible to do anything in the future, because it hasn't happened yet. The key to shooting your best is to be present as the witness of the shooting. Do not judge, do not give yourself anything to live up to. We can only shoot as well as we have trained ourselves to shoot. To try to shoot only induces stress. Be content with your current ability. And accumulate practice to improve that ability. Consolidate, build strength where you feel weakness. We cannot raise our ability until we accept our current limitations. Practice dissolves limitations. Matches simply define where the current limits exist. The game of shooting is all about redefining our limits.
- Sam

Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong.

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
- Paul "Bear" Bryant

"The only reason why Everest is the highest mountain ever climbed is because it's the highest. If there was one higher, I bet there'd be people trying to climb it."
- Jack Barnes

#21 SDM

SDM

Calls Shots

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:41 AM

... I am torn between the taller sevigny fiber optic and a Dawson Precision .245 tall and .125 wide...

I think you'll find the Dawson brighter because of the greater length.

#22 Shooter32

Shooter32

Finally read the FAQs

• Classified
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

You will not be disappointed going from Dawson Adj. to the Sevigny set-up , i switched them on my 34 and have never been happier !! :bow:
Please support the NRA and our way of life !!!

#23 el pres

el pres

aka: DIRTY CHAMBER, P.Pres

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Ok so clear me up here. G34 with WTS rear sight. what front sight height to get
a dead on POA at 15yds ?? .215,.225,.235,.245,

Edited by P.Pres, 09 April 2010 - 07:05 PM.

Team Firebird

You Tube Link

#24 Duane Thomas

Duane Thomas

Story Teller

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

That can vary from shooter to shooter, depending on your particular physiology and how recoil interacts with your body, how hard you grip the gun, and therefore how high the gun flips in your hands before the bullet exits the barrel. There is no one correct answer to that question, and all you're going to get from people here, as well-meaning as their answers might be, is their experience - which may have absolutely no correlation to what will work for you.
Pride and fear are emotions, which hope for an outcome. Outcomes take your attention from the present, where the shooting happens, to the future. It is totally impossible to do anything in the future, because it hasn't happened yet. The key to shooting your best is to be present as the witness of the shooting. Do not judge, do not give yourself anything to live up to. We can only shoot as well as we have trained ourselves to shoot. To try to shoot only induces stress. Be content with your current ability. And accumulate practice to improve that ability. Consolidate, build strength where you feel weakness. We cannot raise our ability until we accept our current limitations. Practice dissolves limitations. Matches simply define where the current limits exist. The game of shooting is all about redefining our limits.
- Sam

Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong.

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
- Paul "Bear" Bryant

"The only reason why Everest is the highest mountain ever climbed is because it's the highest. If there was one higher, I bet there'd be people trying to climb it."
- Jack Barnes

#25 el pres

el pres

aka: DIRTY CHAMBER, P.Pres

• Classifieds
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

That can vary from shooter to shooter, depending on your particular physiology and how recoil interacts with your body, how hard you grip the gun, and therefore how high the gun flips in your hands before the bullet exits the barrel. There is no one correct answer to that question, and all you're going to get from people here, as well-meaning as their answers might be, is their experience - which may have absolutely no correlation to what will work for you.

Huh ? I'm confused by your answer, the gun is either sighted in or it's not. There can only be one place
the gun can be pointed at when the shot breaks in order to hit a certain dime sized spot at 15yds.

Ok, besides all that, let me ask in a different way. What is the most common height front
sight to use with a Warren rear on a G34. From what I have been reading, the standard .215 will more then likely hit high on the 5" guns ??

Edited by P.Pres, 09 April 2010 - 08:01 PM.

Team Firebird

You Tube Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users